Saturday, June 5, 2010

Aloha Kaua'i 2




...

Some of the souveniers I brought from Hawaii and some I found in thrift stores in Europe! I always wanted to have a hula girl. But the taste changed, and the hula girls in Kaua'i in 2009 were not my kitsch taste anymore. So I find the hula girl here in Antwerp from a collection- I think she is from the late 70ies. The pineapple ashtray I found recently in Zurich and he is from 1962! It was very difficult to find vintage stuff in Kaua'i itself-and it was very expensive. The tablecloth is an old one and has the same colour like the soil on the island.
The coffee was fantastic, so are the spices for fish or tofu.
The palm is a very rare species I brought from Amsterdam. You nearly don't find it anymore in nature.
And the other plant I grow myself from seeds I took with me. I think it is a kind of mimosoideae, but I didn't find out which species precisely. I had also some nice frangipani but they rot in the winter and died.

No comments:

Post a Comment