Wednesday, August 18, 2010

vases and roses



...

These are my recent finds of vases in thrift stores in Zurich. I was looking for some time for a really tall vase, not easy to find and when I saw this one I had to buy it. It's just perfect. Greyish white porcellain, with a structured surface, a bit like roughly hard plaster. It's from Metzler & Ortloff Thüringen, former DDR, late sixties I think. The little glaced one is from Arzberg, the two ceramic ones from Germany as well and the petrol glass one from Finland.
What to say about the little roses? A colour I haven't seen before-something between grey and lilac. They are so oldfashioned that they look modern the same way. I asked the flowergirl for the species, She told me something about Marie Jeanne but on the internet they look different. And honestly in reality is the colour much more special-dusty and shady in a way, I can't explain it just fascinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment