Friday, May 9, 2014

starting a cactus collection

...
M. and me started to collect cacti
he goes for the big ones, the most sculpture like
I go for the strange ones
once they will come together

I have now more from south africa
desert plants like euphorbia obesa, pterocactus tuberosa and jatropha podagrica
then I have a selenicereus grandiflora
she will probably bloom in two years

we got them all from this event
collectors are special people
and I realized a certain love from older men for cacti :-)
they were so passionated about their prickly species

the big collection is from Antwerps Botanical Garden
euphorbia obesa has male and female plants
females are bigger and they grow very slow
mine is 10 years old

1 comment:

  1. owww...wonderful
    same here - i´m really envious of some of yours:)
    such a beautiful collection!

    ReplyDelete